We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Dr. Klaus Maerten created the first Dr. Martens boot in 1945, and over the decades, Dr. Martens work boots became not just a fashion staple. The stylish boots have become a symbol of the working class.
These days, the brand continues to evolve, and there are several options of Dr. Marten’s work boots on the market designed to keep you safe and on your feet in comfort.
Are Dr. Martens Work Boots Good Boots?
The quality of work put into Dr. Martens work boots is incredible. The boots are known to not fall apart even after exposure to water and the elements.
Also, the soles are springy and support your foot’s arches.
Furthermore, you will have no problem using an orthotic insert in your Dr. Marten work boots.
The uppers of the boots are hard leather, and they conform to your feet, but the end result is worth it. Also, Dr. Martens work boots are slip-resistant and have a liner that wicks away moisture.
The Contenders for the Best Dr. Martens Work Boots
There are several options for Dr. Martens work boots.
Therefore, there will not be trouble finding a pair that matches your needs and your style.
1. 1460 Slip Resistant Leather Lace Up Boots
Dr. Martens 1460 boot is a unisex classic. The 1460 boot is a highly-recognized boot because it is the original boot style. This work boot includes air-cushioned AirWare soles and eight eyes for boot laces.
Plus, these work boots have a Goodyear welt that is sealed to the sole with heat. The leather is very durable and includes the classic yellow stitching and heel loop that Dr. Martens is known for.
The leather is full-grain and is coated. Because of the leather, you can wipe them clean with a damp cloth. If you wish to shine them up, you can use a clear wax polish as needed.
These boots do not have steel toes, but the soles are slip-resistant, and they are perfect for those who must stay on their feet for long periods of time.
Another feature of this work boot is the breathable sock liner that has memory foam pads.
Also, this boot features extra flexibility in the sole and is lighter weight. The lighter weight and flex make the boots less likely to cause foot fatigue.
- Retains all the classic Doc's DNA, including grooved sides, heel-loop and yellow stitching
- Built on the iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole, which is oil and fat resistant, with good...
- Constructed on our comfortable, iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole
- Good abrasion and slip resistance
- Retains classic Doc's DNA, like grooved sides, yellow stitching and yellow heel loop
2. 2976 Slip Resistant Leather Chelsea Boot
The Chelsea boot is another option for Dr. Martens work boots. This boot is a slip-on option that has the same heel-loop and yellow stitching you expect from Dr. Martens.
The boot’s shaft is not very tall, as it is around six inches from the arch of the sole.
Also, the boot’s opening is 12 inches and has an elastic panel on the sides at the ankles. This option for Dr. Martens work boots also features the extra flexibility and lighter weight of the sole.
The sock liners help keep feet dry, and the foam pods work to keep your feet comfy while you do your job.
While these are not steel-toed boots, they are very slip-resistant. The outer sole is made with fused PVC and rubber. You can wipe off spills and dirt with a damp cloth. Also, a clear polish will get them shiny again.
The unisex Chelsea boot comes in several different colors, as well.
- THE CHELSEA: A slick, kickass look with a sure fit and easy-on, easy-off style; Made with classic...
- AIR-CUSHIONED: Dr. Martens famous “bouncing” AirWair soles are comfortable, oil and fat...
- MADE LIKE NO OTHER: Boots built to pound the pavement; The leather upper and sole are heat-sealed...
- AUTHENTIC AS YOU: Made with classic leather that only gets better with time; Use Dr. Martens Wonder...
- KICK THE NORM: From utilitarian work boot to cultural icon, Dr. Martens became a symbol of...
3. Duxford Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boots
The Duxford Steel Toe Workboots are meant for keeping feet safe even in rough circumstances. The Duxford boot is a part of Dr. Martens Industrial line and is for those who work in heavy industry.
The steel cap in these boots will protect your toes from a 200j impact and a 12kN compression force. The design will also keep you safe from an electrical charge because there is enough insulation in the sole.
While many Dr. Martens boots and shoes are water-resistant, this boot option is completely waterproof.
The soles are the Goodyear welt Dr. Martens is known for. Also, the soles are slip-resistant. There are two different colors for the Duxford. Also, the boot features three eyelets and lace hooks at the top.
This boot is ankle height and is 13 inches at the opening.
- This boot is built with a fully waterproof membrane construction
- The Safety Toecaps offer protection from a minimum 200J impact and 15kN compression force
- This boot helps protect against accidental contact with electrical charge by offering additional...
- SAFETY SPEC: ASTM F2413-17 MI/75 C/75 EH
- Slip Resistant ASTM F1677-2005
4. Ironbridge Leather Steel Toe Work Boots
Dr. Martens Ironbridge’s work boots are a solid contender to keep you safe at work. The Ironbridge is another heavy industry boot from Dr. Martens.
The steel toe keeps your toes safe from harm, and the extra insulation helps protect from an electrical charge. This option features the classic yellow stitching, but it does not include the heel loop present on many other boot options.
The leather uppers are water-resistant, and the soles protect against slips and falls.
Also, these boots have an anti-bacterial insole and a moisture-wicking liner.
For added comfort, the tongue and the collar around the ankle are both padded.
These boots are oiled leather, so you can wipe away dirt and grime. However, any sure wax should be intended for use on oiled leather. There are three eyelets on the bottom for the laces, followed by three loops. The top of the boot shaft has two more eyelets to tighten the laces.
- Rich, water resistant tumbled leather uppers
- Steel toe cap and slip resistant sole
- Welted construction foot bed offers exceptional stability and durability
- Additional insulation to help protect against accidental contact with an electrical charge -...
- The iconic Dr. Martens classic PVC air-cushioned sole is resistant to oil, fat, petrol and alkali
5. Icon 7B10 Steel Toe Work Boots
The Icon 7B10 Steel Toe boots are a reliable option, as well.
There are two different colors for the Icon 7B10. Both colors are industrial grade leather, but the black has a pebbled texture while the brown is smooth.
In either case, the uppers are oiled leather, so you want to use a polish or wax meant for oiled leather.
Also, you may use a damp cloth to wipe away daily dirt.
This style of Dr. Martens work boots has the iconic yellow stitching and the heel loop.
These boots lace up with seven eyelets. Also, the shaft is seven inches tall, starting from the arch of the foot.
Steel toes keep your feet safe in an industrial area, and the extra insulation protects against electrical shock.
You will find these boots have a moisture-wicking lining and a welted sole that is anti-slip.
- The Dr. Martens® Work Icon 7B10 work boot provides excellent protection and reliable comfort to...
- Style number: 21741220.
- Rugged work boot with a rugged, steel-toe design.
- Industrial full grain leather upper with a waxy finish.
- Traditional lace-up design with seven sturdy metal eyelets for a secure fit. Back pull loop....
6. Icon 2295 Leather Steel Toe Slip On Work Boots
If you prefer a slip-on boot, consider the Icon 2295 Dr. Martens work boot.
The Icon 2295s come in three different colors. The lighter brown has a waxy surface and a distressed look. The darker brown and black are oiled. In all three cases, they are water-resistant.
These work boots slip-on, and they have loops on either side of the boot’s top to pull them on. The soles feature the classic yellow stitching, and the soles are air-cushioned. And the soles are slip-resistant for your safety.
This option for work boots has padded ankle support and a comfy footbed. And these have steel toes and the extra insulation necessary to help protect against electric hazards.
- Rich, water resistant tumbled leather uppers on a welted construction foot bed that offer...
- Constructed with DM's durable air-cushioned PVC sole and fitted with an EVA foot bed and padded...
- Steel-toe style
- Offers protection against electrical hazards - Standard: ASTM F2413-11 MI/75 C/75 EH
- The iconic Dr. Martens air-cushioned sole is resistant to oil, fat, petrol and alkali
7. Camber Steel Toe
The Dr. Martens unisex Camber work boot is a great option for those who like the look and feel of a hiking boot. This boot is a part of the Heritage Work Boot collection, and its design means it is lighter.
The toe is an alloy, so it is lighter. The leather is industrial grade, but it is softer than some of the other work boot options.
The sole is slip-resistant, and the boots feature a moisture-wicking liner to keep your foot dry.
The boots have three eyelets at the bottom and then the five loops so you can lace up them up tight. And the collar around the ankle and the tongue are padded for added comfort.
Just like the rest of the boots, these have the iconic yellow stitching. Also, these feature the heel loop to help you pull on your boots.
The height of the shaft is just over 7 inches, and the heel is 1.5 inches tall. Lastly, you can pick these Dr. Martens work boots up in black or brown.
8. Gunby Leather Steel Toe Work Shoe
If you really want to keep your feet safe and feel comfortable all day but you do not want boots, the Gunby Steel Toe shoes are a fantastic option. This work shoe is unisex and features many of the same features you find in the work boots.
The shoes are steel toe and are water-resistant. And the collar and the tongue of the work shoe are padded, which makes them comfortable.
The soles are slip-resistant for safety, and the laces use both eyelets and lacing hardware for a secure fit.
There is extra insulation in the soles, so you avoid an eclectic charge. Furthermore, the soles are cushy, and there is a removable anti-bacterial liner.
The leather uppers are oiled, which means you can still wipe them clean with a damp cloth, but you need a polish or wax meant for oiled leather.
- Removable Smartmask insole
- Wooden shank
9. Earlstoke Steel Toe Work Boots
If you are looking for a light-industry steel toe work boot, consider the Earlstoke Steel Toe boot. The Earlstoke looks like a hiker boot, but with the addition of steel toes, this boot is perfect for light-duty industry work.
The leather is oiled, and you can wipe the boots clean with a damp cloth. However, you need wax or polish meant for oiled leather for deep cleaning and care.
The sole is a combination of the heat-sealed welt and the GRIPTRAX outer sole, making these boots resistant to slips.
Also, this option for Dr. Martens work boots has a moisture-wicking sock liner. In addition, there is a removable anti-bacterial sole liner. For added comfort, the ankle collar and tongue are padded. And these have added memory foam at the heel and extra arch support.
- Engineered with static dissipation properties
- Industrial-grade, rich, oiled leather with a full grain, plus an abrasion resistant textured leather...
- Steel toecap conforms to and exceeds ASTM standard
- SAFETY SPEC: ASTM F2413-17 MI/75 C/75 SD
- Slip Resistant ASTM F1677-2005
10. 1461 Slip Resistant Leather Oxford Shoes
If you are on your feet for several hours a day, but you need work shoes rather than boots, consider the 1461 Oxford work shoes. These are an upgraded version of the 1461 classic Dr. Martens style. These feature yellow stitching and three eyelets for lacing.
However, these are designed for being on your feet for long periods of time.
The sole is air-cushioned like many of the work boots we discussed. The soles have more flex, so your feet do not get tired when wearing these shoes.
You will find these work shoes have moisture-wicking liners and a padded ankle collar and tongue.
The leather is water-resistant and wipes clean easily. Plus, the soles are anti-slip.
Lastly, these stylish work shoes are unisex.
- Leather lace-up Oxford featuring logo-embossed lateral heel and signature yellow-stitched welt
- Padded footbed
Add a Pair of Dr. Martens Work Boots to Your Closet
No matter what your work boot needs are, you are sure to find a pair of Dr. Martens work boots to keep you on your feet.
There are several options, including lace-up and slip-on. Many options include the safety add-on of steel toes, and all are water-resistant. Also, there are steel toe options for shoes in case you prefer not to wear work boots.
What Doc Martens work boots did you choose? Answer in the comments.
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 12:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API