We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When it comes to workplace safety, it’s important to lay out the foundation from the ground up. This is why the importance of a good pair of work boots can’t be understated. The right pair can make all the difference between being comfortable at work or being downright miserable. In some lines of work, the appropriate pair of work boot can protect you from serious injury or even death. A good pair will not only protect you from workplace hazards but from fatigue and discomfort as well. If you are looking for a new pair of work boots, you should consider the Georgia Boot Blue Collar Women’s Waterproof Work Boot.
In this article, we have written a quick guide on how to choose the best waterproof work boot for your needs. Plus, we have reviewed a pair that should be worth checking out, the Blue Collar Waterproof Work Boot from Georgia Boot.
How to Shop for Women’s Work Boots
- ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Composite Steel Toe/Electronic Hazard Classification
- Light and flexible cement construction.Oil- and slip-resistant rubber outsole.High performance mesh lining
- Abrasion-resistant heel. Molded TPU toe guard. TDC (Technology Driven Comfort) polyurethane insole
Many work boots are just smaller versions of what men wear. This should not be the case if you want a pair that can give you the best support, comfort, and fit. Women tend to have different a center of gravity to men, so you’ll need different support in your shoes for maximum comfort. Here’s a quick guide to the qualities to look for when shopping for a pair of women’s work boot:
- Safety Features: When buying work boots, it’s always important to consider the safety features. Just how many features do you want? This depends on the environment that you are working on. At the very least, you want a pair that offers protection at a basic level.
- Durability: Will your boots hold up when subjected to significant use and abuse? This is where you consider the material and construction of the boot. You really don’t want your boots falling apart on you while on the job.
- Weatherproof: If you are working outside and regularly exposed to the elements, you will want a pair that will prevent rogue water from seeping in. Go for waterproof work boots that will keep your feet dry.
- Fit: Regardless if it’s the most fashionable pair with lots of safety features, an ill-fitting pair will prevent you from doing your job at 100%. A great fit will also ensure good comfort and support.
Georgia Boot Blue Collar Women’s Waterproof Work Boot Review
Today, we will highlight a waterproof work boot that we think is worth your time and money. With a good number of safety and comfort features, this pair is perfect for a variety of jobs. Let’s take a closer look:
Performance and Durability
Most footwear is only as good as their performance, and work boots are no exception. The Blue Collar features an EVA midsole (popular among running shoes) which provides the much-needed toughness, flexibility, and waterproof properties. To add to its durability, the boot is made from cement construction with some pretty solid gluing. The heel is also abrasion-resistant which also increases the pair’s longevity. Overall, the boot offers versatile performance while still manages to be lightweight.
Safety and Protection
The EVA midsole also comes into play for shock absorption and cushioning. You can be standing on these boots all day and you’ll feel less fatigued. The molded TPU toe guard protects the front of the foot and adds another layer of protection, also resistant to fuel and oil. The outsole is oil and slip-resistant which severely helps if you’re working in an area prone to oil and water slippage.
In terms of waterproofing, the Blue Collar boasts the Georgia® Waterproof System which guarantees that no amount of water will make its way inside. Add the full-grain leather upper and you’ve got a solid waterproof pair of boots.
Comfort and Support
The Blue Collar boot is designed for daily wear so it offers a good number of comfort features. The aforementioned EVA midsole provides cushioning while retaining the lightweight feel. The nylon shank in the arch area of the boot provides good support and prevents it from bending in the wrong place. The TDC (Technology Driven Comfort) insole adds another layer of comfort with superior cushioning. Lastly, the boot features a high-performance mesh lining which ventilates and cools the foot.
The Blue Collar Women’s Work Boot offers great value, considering that it’s a waterproof footwear. Although the safety features are leaning towards the entry-level side, Georgia Boot has managed to squeeze in some comfort features which make for a solid overall package. In terms of aesthetics, this is a good-looking pair and should be a great fit for female workers.
The Georgia Boot Blue Collar Women’s Waterproof Work Boot is an easy recommendation for women who are looking for a lightweight, fashionable, and comfortable work footwear. It has enough bells and whistles that will keep you protected and safe from most workplace hazards. The Blue Collar Work Boot is a great combination of lightweight comfort and high performance.
Last update on 2021-01-25 at 05:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API