Top 3 Best Steel Toe Shoes for Men
Steel toe shoes for men are important for jobs that demand high protection, and you should consider it as the safety armor for your feet. The safety steel toe shoes for men are specially designed to protect your toe from accidents such as:
- Heavy objects falling into your feet
- Loose pieces of machinery that can be dangerous
- Electrical shocks from equipment
If your workplace has those issues, not only it is a wise idea to invest on steel toe shoes for men, but you should also be careful in picking them. Why? Because for your demanding jobs, you are not only looking for protection, but also comfort for working long hours, and durability so that you wouldn’t have to buy a new pair every other month.
So, what you should look for in steel toe shoes for men? Here are our criteria in selecting the best products.
Criteria of Best Steel Toe Shoes For Men
In our opinion, based on our research and reviews for a lot of steel toe shoes for men, here are several criteria you should look for:
The Quality of The Toe Protection
There are two main factors you should look for in determining this criterion: the strength and the size of the toe protection. It can be made of a strong material, but the size is not adequate to cover all your toes. On the other hand, it can be wide enough, but it is not very durable.
Support and Comfort
This factor will be especially true if you are working long hours. For prolonged use, you need both comfort and support. Some steel toe shoes for men can be too heavy, and are uncomfortable to wear. If possible, always try before buying, or buy from a retailer with a good return policy.
Might be really important for some, yet can be completely ignored by others. However, just because the main purpose of steel toe shoes for men are protection, doesn’t mean they have to be ugly. Many brands are offering a wide range of styles, color selections, and models, and you should definitely choose one that suits your preference.
Steel Toe Shoes for Men Product Recommendations
Based on the criteria we have discussed above, these are the products we will recommend:
Bates are a prominent producer of steel toe shoes for men since the 90s, and their boots are known for high-quality protection and comfort. As the name ‘Uniform’ suggests, this product is actually made for officers, but they are also excellent for others.
The steel toe protection is high quality, and the outsole is slip resistant, so this pair of steel toe boots is safe to wear on any surfaces. Completely waterproof with 200 grams of total insulation, so you can also use it in any weather.
It is reasonably priced, and it’s also very durable. These boots are a great long-term investment.
- High-quality steel toe protection
- Completely waterproof with excellent insulation material
- Very comfortable
- Not slippery to wear on any surfaces
- Leather construction is very durable and easy to clean
- Although it is overall durable, the sole can get worn out easily
- The leather material is not chemical resistant
The brand Dr. Martens is, of course, one of the most famous manufacturers of men’s boots, known for their trendy aesthetics and great comfort. The Icon Industrial Strength is their take on the steel toe shoes for men market, and the quality is exceptional, as expected from the Dr. Martens brand.
The Dr. Martens Icon Industrial Strength is especially durable, and you can expect the pair to last even after prolonged use over the years. The safety toe cap is, as the name suggests, of industry-standard, so you can expect excellent protection from it.
- Excellent durability
- The non-slipping rubber outsole is great for any surfaces
- Industry-standard steel toe protection
- Ankle protection for additional safety
- Relatively heavy
- The soles can wear quickly
The brand Timberland is, of course, no stranger to the most of us, and the Pit Boss lives up to the big name. The steel toe is exceptional with industry-standard protection, and it is very stylish. The rubber sole is slip and oil resistant, so you would not have to worry about slippery surfaces.
This pair of boots will also provide you with the following safety features:
- Electrical hazard protection
- Goodyear welt leather material for durability
- Cast metal top hooks, again for durability
- Sock-diffusion plate
- Excellent odor management with antimicrobial fabric lining
The Timberland PRO PitBoss is exceptional on safety, durability, and comfort. Here are our takes about the product:
- Excellent, industrial grade protection features
- Very durable with Goodyear welt leather material
- Anti slip soles
- Great odor management
- Not as comfortable as others in this list
- Only 6″, so less protection on your shins and calfs